Sunday, 1 June 2014

THE LEIBSTER AWARD !!

My love for words and the magic they weave, started at five.I owe it to my father for inculcating in me the habit of reading.I wasn't tech savvy but I discovered indiblogger four years ago.But being a medico,  i hardly had time left after exhausting working days.with my tiny mobile,it was all the more difficult.so, I put my idea of starting a blog to rest.But I didn't stop penning down my thoughts on paper.I'm fortunate to have a few likeminded people with whom I shared my joy.after preparing exhaustively for my post graduate medical entrance, I got to relish the much needed break since a month.I finally had time to pay attention to my blog which had a few posts up.I'm glad to accept the fact that my blog's look right now is inspired by my fellow bloggers.observing all of those lovely blogs, I know now what a layout is, what a widget is.All of you inspired me and helped me better my blog.discovering blogging platforms and writing prompts made my day, they brought me the visibility and the words of appreciation I craved for.

When we start blogging, we find a set of people with whom we connect a little more than the others, the wavelengths are almost  synchronized, we would love to appreciate their work.in this short span i'm fortunate enough to find a few of them.Yesterday I was in for a pleasant surprise,my good friend Vinodini Iyer nominated me for the  Leibster award.My first award, yeah I'm on top of the world.thanks vinodini for believing in me. being nominated by you feels just so right.to be appreciated for my work from a fellow blogger inspires me to write, and keep going, when I know I'll be back to work very soon.



The word 'liebster' is of German origins and it has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend, being among them. 


The Liebster Award Official Rules

If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!

The answers to Vinodini's questions:

1.Which is the topic you always wished to write about and  havent yet? 
An incident in a train where i witnessed the shallowness of the so called  educated lot.

2.what is that  one thing that uplifts your spirits instantly when youre feeling low?
A sound sleep.

3.What Iis the first thing you notice when you visit a new blog?
The title and the tagline..it almost sums them up..

4.If given a chance to choose who and where would you love to be born as?
As a guy, maybe in Newzealand , I heard there are no snakes..

5.which is your favourite musical instrument to play, or listen to?
The violin, high on emotions..

6.Which is that one particular habit that sets you apart from the rest?
Nothing really..

7.Any favorite word that you unconsciously use more often than required when you speak or write but would consciously want to reduce using?
My sentences when i speak include  the words actually or basically.

8.Which is that one book, movie or incident which changed your life?
The Film Jerry Maguire

9.If you find yourself on a magic carpet where would you want to escape to?
where i dont have to open my thick textbooks.

10.What is your pet phobia?
Any pet for the record.

11.What is your favorite quote?
Live and let live.

11 Random facts about me..

1.I'm a true Libran.If I have to work, I need harmony.

2.I am a nocturnal person.

3.I have a sweet tooth.

4.i lost all my wisdom teeth.

5.i am an incurable romantic.

6.i play fire and ice, depends on what I decide to offer.

7.i need the newspaper first thing in the morning.

8.I am competitive yet considerate.

9.i'm drawn to books , music and  healthy arguments.

10.I was the teacher's pet, a future doctor in the making!

11.i am an only child,its all mine, wink, wink!

i  nominate these blogs for the sheer beauty of their work and their ability to convert the power of their thoughts into splendid words..

Vijetha Kishore    InkednFramed

Anusree Burman Beyond Words

Priya Raj Kumar  A pencil and a scrap of paper

Sabeeha Parack Midnight Scribbles

Remya                   Confused Humanity    

Vinodini Iyer         ifs buts and etcs

 My 11 questions..

1.Favorite book?

2.are you a morning or an evening person?

3.the best gift you recieved so far?

4.Your pastime other than blogging? 

5.your favorite color?

6.how do you control your anger?

7.the happiest day of your life so far?

8.your motto for life?

9.Lines which you can never get off your head?

10.Your biggest strength?

11.One word which defines you?

Congratulations to all the nominees.whether you choose to accept this award or not, you all will  always be loved, and your work respected.Stay blessed...




         






17 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Sahiti :) Will do the honour in a day or two!! I am overwhelmed :0

Midnight scribbles said...

Hey Sahiti, many congratulations on the award! It was well deserved :)

This was a pleasant surprise :) Thank you! Aah well I so understand when you say about the whole being caught up bit.. Well same for me too in so many ways. Indiblogger gave me my first readers too. It's been so very amazing to connect with like minded people. So encouraging too. I can't believe that it was only three months ago when my blog would be absolutely empty of readers.

Aah we have so many things in common lol I can't even begin to tell you. Hehe I was laughing away as I read your questions too.i hope I can fill them in soon.

Love :)
Sabi

Donna Burman said...

Congratulations!! And thank you so much for nominating me!!

Vinodini said...

Hey thanks Sahiti! I am feeling both honored and happy to be nominated by you for this award again. I accept it graciously. Although I would request you to give me some time to write the post :)
You're a medico and you get away with writing so much?! Wow...kudos to you! Hope you get the time to sneak away from your thick textbooks and keep writing.
Congratulations to you and the other nominees!

Remya said...

Thanks again :)..loved ur answers :D

Saahi said...

I've always loved your work priya! A few words you used made me look up a dictionary..totally deserving :)

Saahi said...

Hi there Sabeeha, your blog showcases what a vivid imagination you have, and your ability to craft masterpieces of the most common things, keep blogging while smiling..

Saahi said...

I love the way your pen flows, its too beautiful Anu, and i'm too happy to nominate you..

Saahi said...

Hey Vinodini, take all the time you need, you write straight from the heart and we've been following each other's work closely, I'm only glad to love you back with a nomination..

Saahi said...

Hi Remya, discovering your blog was one of the best things, capturing the raw emotions is a feat in itself..

Unknown said...

Hi sahiti,
You have left me wordless.. Hope i have done justice to your belief :)
http://pencilstripes.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-first.html

Ananya said...

Lovely post and huge congratulations !

http://www.ananyatales.com

Sindhu Devi K said...

Congratulations on your Leibster award :) Happy blogging! TC! Keep smiling!

Regards,
Sindhu
Tantu
The Arts & Me

Saahi said...

Thankyou Jayanta :):)

Saahi said...

Priya you are awesome, I'll get back to you at leisure..

Saahi said...

Thanks a ton Ananya :)

Saahi said...

Thanks sindhu :):)