My first password? That forces me to time travel six years backwards.those were the days, when I was beaming with pride of finally getting into a medical college.but my intelligence only helped me crack a med entrance, my knowledge of the web was lurking between negative and zero.I had no intention of surfing partly because the mobile I carried was the so called dabba mobile which I bought for fear of a costlier one being stolen in my initial hostel days.then came second year, orkut was such a rage then, but being the bookworm that I was these social platforms couldn't waver my attention the least.but I had this friend who believed in living king size and was fascinated with all the latest gadgets, she was a social bee.my competitive instincts took over me, I decided its high time I have a mail.I considered myself a pro at english and thought mailing is a nice thing to start with.I had to set my pride aside and ask for help.I remember how awkward it was with me typing the user name with my right index finger bearing the brunt of the force of my thoughts. When you are not a pro at typing fast , all you can do is type each letter looking at the keyboard as if your whole life depends on it.My friend was giving me a wicked smile,her eyes questioning how longer do you need.before I sought for my friend's help I was seriously contemplating what my password needs to be.a dozen thoughts were running through my brain.maybe my birthday, no that would be too easy, mine or my parent's names, that is boring, maybe a strange code of numbers, a nice quote, or a character which I liked from the umpteen number of books I read.but what finally got the better of me was a crush I liked at college, I weaved a password out of our names, and I absolutely loved it.I was satisfied with my creation. It was easy to pronounce, remember and it was only mine for keeps.I still remember my fingers shaking while typing the password.no, not due to the excitement but I was thoroughly worried that she might realise what my password was, courtesy my poor speed.it was finally a relief, sigh.so , that was my first password story.according to me, a little adventure.ironically, in later days, I began to have a love hate feeling for that crush.yet I retained my password. I now hold a few mail ids , you can see me on social platforms, but my first password still gets the royalty of securing one of them.first love never dies.
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative forIndian Bloggers by BlogAdda.
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative forIndian Bloggers by BlogAdda.
7 comments:
I work in software house and beleive me Passwords are a headache, each client we support has different rules to keep passwords, and 2 step security,
I have had to buy a software that keeps all my passwords in a safe .. but funny thing is i need a password for this product :)
Bikram
Yeah, remembering them gets more and more confusing but we have no option :)
a simple and lovely post :) what a lot of us went through when we first opened a mail id...and a super secret password as well. all the best for the wow.
Thanks a lot! The password woes never seem to end :)
You password must contain one capital letter, one special character, one numeric character and must be at least 8 characters long...whew..this often makes me forget it...everytime I log in I have to reset my password. But the one that has my crush's name, I always remember it no matter in how many ages I log in ;) :P
We all have been so naive, and today we have come a long way :):)
you are so right... first password does get a royal treatment mine is very special too...
Post a Comment