They say I'm old
I need not be told;
that life is all about compromises,
It seldom surrenders to promises.
I try to contemplate...
Why is it not us who detour our fate?
To be or not to be,
To say or not to say,
To do or not to do..
They say, everything comes with a price,
You got to win the game being nice.
I ask, what about love and sacrifice?
They smirk, "oh! you need to think twice,
they are one of the many vices...."
I begin to believe these pale, warm creatures.
They fascinate me,these beseechers.
Their minds tangled in a million wires,
Their bodies vouching never to tire,
Their fingers dancing to the luminous screens,
Their marathon run to the undying routine.
I'm drawn to them,
to become one of them.
My body being entrapped,
My soul and existence sapped.
Lost for eternity in this mayhem,
It's too late to blame them..
I need not be told;
that life is all about compromises,
It seldom surrenders to promises.
I try to contemplate...
Why is it not us who detour our fate?
To be or not to be,
To say or not to say,
To do or not to do..
They say, everything comes with a price,
You got to win the game being nice.
I ask, what about love and sacrifice?
They smirk, "oh! you need to think twice,
they are one of the many vices...."
I begin to believe these pale, warm creatures.
They fascinate me,these beseechers.
Their minds tangled in a million wires,
Their bodies vouching never to tire,
Their fingers dancing to the luminous screens,
Their marathon run to the undying routine.
I'm drawn to them,
to become one of them.
My body being entrapped,
My soul and existence sapped.
Lost for eternity in this mayhem,
It's too late to blame them..
2 comments:
Nice poem..."Its toolate to blame them"
Thanks Rajeev..
Post a Comment